There’s a great appeal to playing poker, which is hard to describe. Whether it’s the complicated strategies that make you feel smart or the thrill of winning money when said strategies pay off, the game of poker has stood the test of time and has survived into the 21st Century.
Now, however, it has evolved onto a whole new plane of existence. First it was computers, now it’s on portable tablets. And these aren’t just poor facsimiles; these are real games of poker conducted in real time with real people. So, how do you play it on tablet? Read on to find out.
How to Play Real Poker on Tablet
Playing real poker on tablet is easy. All you have to do is find an appropriate site that has a downloadable poker app for your device, set up a poker a room and start playing.
Here are just some of the sites in which you can download poker onto your tablet:
- Pokerstars: Perhaps the best site to play poker online, Pokerstars can be downloaded onto, multiple devices. It has the ability for players to create and manage their own poker rooms in which they can invite other players to participate. Available to download straight from their website, make sure to look for “Home Games” for the best experience.
- 888 Poker: Part of the 888 conglomerate, you can play poker under the 888 umbrella which is perfect for anyone who has ever played at an 888 casino site. With plenty of top-notch software and bonuses, it makes for an accessible site for players, who are just starting out on their poker journey.
- BetOnline: Available to US players, BetOnline has all kinds of betting available. Sports betting and a casino may sound pretty average for most online operators but BetOnline streamlines it to make it easily accessible to new players. Sign up now for a great bonus!
And there are three poker sites for you to start getting on with. Soon, you’ll be playing from your tablet to your heart’s content.
Things to Watch Out For
- Be careful on the sensitivity of your touchscreen! One false move could lose you an entire game so please be slow, careful and deliberate in choosing your next move.
- Check your internet connection. The last thing you need in the middle of a great session is to lose your Wifi. Playing on 3G or 4G is much more volatile, because it can vary depending on location so we strongly suggest you find a Wifi signal and stick with it. Not to mention the former takes up a lot of phone data. This is especially true when you’re abroad.
- Watch out for scams. Do your research carefully and make sure you don’t get caught out on a phony casino. External authentication is a must when it comes to online operators.
That’s pretty much it! Otherwise, enjoy playing real poker on your tablet device.