Soon, you pretty much didn’t have to go anywhere further than your front room. But now, with mobile tablets being so widespread that anyone can use them at any time and anywhere, you can also play poker online whenever and wherever you want.
Playing PokerStars on an Android Tablet is as simple as it has ever been and is incredibly accessible to anyone interested in playing high-stakes, quality poker games. Follow our guide to provide your gateway into playing PokerStars from home or out and about from any one of your Android tablets.
Download The Android App
First, it’s important to recognize that to have the complete PokerStars experience from any mobile phone or tablet, it’s important to download the designated mobile app. Here, you will be able to access all the privileges and features all of the current bonus schemes and home games found on the website.
To download the app for your Android device, simply follow these three easy steps:
- Open your Google Play store app on your tablet device
- Type in “PokerStars” into the search
- Find the PokerStars icon and click ‘Download’
Before you download the application, however, there are a few things you need to keep in mind in order to be able to play the full PokerStars experience:
- Make sure your phone storage has not reached its full capacity before making a download
- You must have some knowledge on the rules of poker before being able to play PokerStars
- Your Android tablet device fully supports 4G and had Wi-Fi capabilities
- Be at least 18 years of age before downloading
The download may take a few minutes to install, but once you have it, you can use it however you wish. If you find you cannot download the app due to a shortage of space, delete apps from your phone you no longer use or simply clear the caches on any apps that you may have open.
Create A PokerStars Account
Once you have downloaded the app onto your Android tablet, you can then open it and start to play poker online. However, there are a couple of things you need to do before you can play poker online to your heart’s content.
If you are already a member of the PokerStars website, then you can use your existing details (i.e.: username and password) to log in. If, however, you are new, then you will need to create a specialised PokerStars account in order to play poker online.
To do this, you must complete the following steps:
- Load up your PokerStars app on your device
- Click ‘Log in’
- Click on the ‘Need an account?’ link
- Fill out the registration form
- Check your email
- Click the validation link
- You should be ready to go!
Be sure to provide a working email address and a strong password in order to create an account. Also, make sure all the details you provided are accurate as they are important to having a fulfilling experience. Such details you may have to provide include:
- Phone number
- Post code
- Promo code (if any)
Signing up should take only a few minutes and as soon as your account is created, you get to enjoy all the privileges and benefits it entails. You account will be accessible both through the app on your Android tablet or on the software downloaded to your PC.
Some Troubleshooting Tips
If you are having issues signing into or using your PokerStars app, it could be down to a number of things. All of them are easily solved if you remember these easy troubleshooting tips, which you can use at any time.
Here are some of those tips you could be getting on with to ensure your PokerStars app is operating at tip-top form:
- Try re-downloading the app from the Google Play store. It may be a simple case of something going wrong with the first download.
- Try restarting your device. It might not be the app that’s playing up. Check to see if your Android tablet is working properly.
- Make sure there are no other apps running in the background. This could slow down processing power, not to mention drain battery.
- Speaking of which, make sure your battery is sufficiently charged before playing, preferably at more than 50%.
- Double-check your internet connection. You could be experiencing a lag thanks to a dodgy Wi-Fi or mediocre 4G capabilities.
- Update the app. Check Google Play to make sure your version of the PokerStars app is up-to-date.
- Update the tablet. Your device could be lagging thanks to using an outdated operating system. Check to make sure there aren’t any updates needed.
We cannot guarantee all of these tips will fix whatever problem it is you are experiencing with our app. If you have tried all the above and are still experiencing issues to contact our customer support team. They should be able to guide and help you through any sophisticated problems you cannot solve by yourself.
Play PokerStars Poker Now
Play PokerStars from your Android app absolutely anyway today! The app is free to download and will take only a few minutes to do. Google Play should be an app already pre-existing on your Android tablet device and you should be able to open it immediately upon purchasing the device and turning it on.
Search for our PokerStars app to download a complete and fulfilling online poker experience onto your Android tablet. Play from anywhere, such as the train, the bus, at the cafe, or even at home! With the app, accessibility is always there.